Bring It Home: From Street Style to Home Style - Part I

"Bring It Home:  From Street Style to Home Style . Get the Look: Sofa:  Anthropologie  // Rug:  PB Teen  // Wallpaper:  F&am...

"Bring It Home: From Street Style to Home Style.

Bring It Home: From Street Style to Home Style - Part I

Get the Look:

Sofa: Anthropologie // Rug: PB Teen // Wallpaper: F&P Interiors // Side Table: ZGallerie (Similar) //  Lamp: Lulu & Georgia // Mirror: Very.Co // Graphic Pillows: One Kings Lane // Blue Tassel Pillow: Domino.com // Black and White Tassel Pillow: Kate Spade // "XO" Print: Domino.com // Illustration Print: Esty // Candle: Saks Off 5th // Horse Book Ends: Wolf & Badger
I'm testing a new series on the blog where I take one of my outfits from the archives and create a room design based from it. I am calling it, "Bring It Home: From Street Style to Home Style." Let me know what you think of this series and if you'd like to see more of it or if I should even expand it to runway/red carpet looks or even styled ad outfits inspiring the rooms I create. 


I wore this original look to a Kentucky Derby party so it was very feminine. The florals, pastels, and graphic black and white stripes really played up the preppy girly girl look. SO this room had to scream ladylike luxe. I wanted to daringly mix floral and stripe patterns to make the room pop, with gold accents to keep it "feminine luxe." That linen pastel couch is my favorite part of this room, however. Who wouldn't want to curl up on that with a blanket and journal? Lastly, I love the little cheeky nod to the Kentucky Derby with the horse book ends. Style these either on a bookshelf, fire place mantel, or even on a coffee table on their own as an alternative small statue. When a room is this girly I think it's important to have some balance with something unexpected or anchor it with a dark neutral (like black here). What do you think?

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments