Outfit of the Day: Utility Jumpsuit at the Baylands

This is a favorite jumpsuit for warm weather; however I love to make my pieces work year round if I can. Luckily, since this one piec...


This is a favorite jumpsuit for warm weather; however I love to make my pieces work year round if I can. Luckily, since this one piece is a neutral, army green it plays well into all seasons. I layered leggings and a long sleeved shirt underneath with a scarf for additional warmth. 


This was shot at the Baylands - which tends to remind me of the Lord of the Rings marshlands when it's overcast and moody. I love going to The Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve - the Bay Area's largest tract of undisturbed marshland - when I want to get away to find a peaceful, quiet moment. It's incredibly beautiful and tranquil; perfect for taking long walks, kayaking, canoeing, and bird-watching. 


Utility and versatility are key in most minimal wardrobes. This jumpsuit fits that and has been worn everywhere from beach bonfires to cool fall days outside. While I was originally hesitant to buy this piece, I'm so glad I did. I'm always a little worried about jumpsuits as I'm very pear shaped. (Even though I'm happy with my shape, I don't always like to take a billboard out to advertise it). As with most jumpsuits, it is always a good idea to try them on to see if the fit is flattering to your particular body type. I think there is a type out there for most everyone, you just have to search for it.


I love most things minimal and geometric! This DIY manicure reflects my appreciation of negative space. It feels elegant yet bold at the same time. When it comes to jewelry I appreciate delicate pieces-especially rings. These are perfect to mix and match, stacking together. Madewell or H&M are affordable options for this current trend.
PS: I made a little friend when shooting (Ladybug). AHH! One of my favorites. As a little girl I used to love lying in the grass, letting them land on me so I could count the spots on their back.


Get the Look: Jumpsuit (similar) - Anthropologie (original) // Shirt (similar) - Loft // Scarf (similar) - Banana Republic // Boots (similar) - Anthropologie // Rings - Madewell // Earrings (similar) - Nordstrom

Have you ever been to the Baylands (or marshlands in your area)?
What do you think of jumpsuits? Yay or Nay?


Photos by Jessica Doll for The Abstract Life.

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments