Avocado Toast

Being the good Californian girl that I am, my favorite snack or brunch item always involves an avocado. Put that business on top of...



Being the good Californian girl that I am, my favorite snack or brunch item always involves an avocado. Put that business on top of gluten free toast and I'm in basic girl heaven. It's healthy, simple, and so quick you can make it under 5 minutes. 


This recipe is decidedly versatile; you can try an abundance of iterations: top with nuts, tomatoes, cilantro, balsamic vinegar, sliced cucumber, black beans, on and on. I tend to sample a different variation each time. For this, however, I am sharing the simple gluten free avocado toast that you can make as the base. 


AVOCADO TOAST:

Preparation Time: 2-3 minutes
Toast Time: 2 minutes 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 medium avocado 
  • 2 slices of gluten free toast (I like Trader Joe's brand or Udi's) 
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime
  • Salt and pepper (I love pink Himalayan salt) 
Instructions:
  1. Toast your gluten free slices until golden
  2. In a small bowl mash your avocado with a fork and mix in the lime or lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. 
  3. Spread avocado on top of toast. Add whatever special toppings you'd like (my personal favorites for brunch are smoked salmon and easy over eggs). 

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

2 Comments

  1. Omg this looks fantastic - love the photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I was experimenting with moody lighting for food photography. It tasted great too!

      Delete