3 Ways to Work Your Spring Pieces into Your Wardrobe

I'm  ready for spring truly take effect but feel it hasn't had the courage to fully blossom yet. Despite the weather outside, s...


I'm ready for spring truly take effect but feel it hasn't had the courage to fully blossom yet. Despite the weather outside, stores are bursting with spring attire. If you're doing your seasonal shopping now this leaves you with shiny new pieces hanging in your closet just staring at you...just waiting to be worn. Never fear! Here's how to pull off transitioning your wardrobe items into spring. 

1Color

What better time to play with color than when everything starts to thaw? I took color into consideration and color contrasted Cherry Tomato with to Olive Green. My muted green shirt dress played against my matching orange-red hued shirt and sandals, making them feel all the more vibrant.  Throw on a winter red cashmere sweater with a muted skirt or color contrasting scarf. Find ways to mix and match your more muted wardrobe items with those bright new pieces to give them new life.  

2Shirt Dress

I love a simple shirtdress! Here I opened it up and wore it as a duster over my outfit. If it's chilly that day I can layer a coat over it; otherwise, it is the perfect light jacket substitute. This is perfect for now with layers: throw on a cardigan or cashmere sweater over it with wool tights and ankle boots for a chic, thrown together look. As it grows warmer it's perfect wearing on its own with sandals or sneakers. 

3Joggers

Looks like something you can wear to the office...feels like something you can lounge on the couch in all day. Silk or light joggers have all the appeal of pajamas without the embarrassing "late night run-in with people you know at Whole Foods when you were just there in your PJs to pick up cookie dough" situation (PS: That's TOTALLY never happened to me...). These are great for layering under a dress or tunic or dressed up as office slacks. 

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

1 Comments

  1. Love this look! And I love those shoes - hot!! 😍

    ReplyDelete