Outfit of the Day: Let's "Shift" Gears

Outfit of the Day: I love styling this olive green suede shift dress with the suede over the knee boots. While the palette is harmoniou...


Outfit of the Day: I love styling this olive green suede shift dress with the suede over the knee boots. While the palette is harmonious with soft neutrals it's balanced by the strong lines and retro inspired look. This is an ideal winter or fall outfit for me.   


The Boots: One of the many reasons I love these over the knee boots are how long they can make your legs look. When paired with a short skirt or dress they can significantly add flattering length visually. Additionally, the flat heel is comfortable enough to last in all day (which I love!). 


The Dress: Shift dresses can be really flattering on different body shapes-especially those with a sporty figure or a fuller stomach. If you are really full hipped-like me-I would recommend finding one that has lines that give definition to your shape or a design that creates movement and is short. You are trying to show off the length of your legs, not look like a box. To dress this up I would pair the dress with a long sleeveless vest, heels, and a clutch. Bonus: If you're having a bloated day or just feel like being really loose and comfortable a shift dress is a very forgiving and easy to wear piece.  


The Hat: I may be obsessed with hats (if you don't believe me, check out my post on "Why Accessorizing with a Hat is the Best" here). I think a good hat can really be the cherry on top of a outfit. This floppy wool hat is perfect for most fall or winter outfits while keeping your head warm. I especially like it for retro looks. I'd pair the wide floppy brim with flared jeans, a peasant top, platforms heels, and aviators.

Get the Look:

Hat: Steve Madden (similar)
Dress: Thrifted (similar)
Coat: Burberry Vintage (similar)
Boots:  Calvin Klein (similar 1) (similar 2) (similar 3)

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments