Outfit of the Day: Tomboy Chic

Believe it or not, I used to be a huge tomboy. My mother used to complain that people would ask "what her son wanted" etc... (I...

Believe it or not, I used to be a huge tomboy. My mother used to complain that people would ask "what her son wanted" etc... (I refused to wear girls' clothing and looked like a boy until puberty). 
Now that I am a woman I love to wear my version of feminine clothing and express myself through personal style. However, I will say I have my "tomboy" days where I forgo make up, wear hats, sneakers, and loose clothing. 
While this look isn't a real tomboy look like my childhood days it "tips its hat" at it. This bowler hat makes me feel like a little edgy and boyish so I balance the look with heeled gladiator sandals to keep it looking like I'm a newsie. Everything else in this OOTD is all about comfort-which is my biggest concern on my tomboy days. I want to be free to move around and wear flowy, easy pieces.  



Get the Look: 

Hat: H&M (On Sale NOW!)
Necklace: DIY 
Sweater: Loft (On Sale NOW! Plus extra 60% off if you use the code: WRAPUP)
Silk Culottes: Anthropologie (Sold Out) (Similar 1(Similar 2) (Similar 3)
Shoes: Mossimo (Sold Out) (Similar 1) (Similar 2) (Similar 3)
Purse: ASOS* 

*I borrowed it from a from my blogger pal and OOTD photographer, Nancy. I think I loved it so much I may just have to get my own! Check out her "What In My Purse" post with this tote bag.

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

3 Comments

  1. Girl you don't look like a tom boy in that great looking outfit. Love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Candy. You don't look like a tomboy in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete