The Tasting Kitchen - Abbot Kinney

Last week on our trip to SoCal we stumbled upon a great little place off of Abbot Kinney (essentially one of my favorite places in th...



Last week on our trip to SoCal we stumbled upon a great little place off of Abbot Kinney (essentially one of my favorite places in the world) in Venice Beach, California called "The Tasting Kitchen." It was appropriately named. There was a great variety of farm to table style dining. Our party had brunch and it was a myriad breakfast options from eggs, baked goods, healthy options like house-made granola and yogurt. The menu said they didn't do any substitutions, however, when they learned of my allergies there was no issue of accommodating me. 
They treat their patrons very well. After making quick friends with the hostess (we both had a love of shopping at Loft, and I told her about Lou & Grey) she seated us exclusively upstairs and we were treated like family. Excellent service, care, and aesthetics.  
Speaking of aesthetics...the atmosphere was gorgeous and so visually appealing they could have called it, "Tasting for the Eyes," for all I took in. Everywhere you looked the tiniest details were celebrated. No corner was neglected. As you can see, I had a hard time editing back all the photos I took of this fantastic spot. We would love to go again on our next visit. 


Text is from The Tasting Kitchen's "About" page, explaining their approach to creating their menu and dining experience. (Yet another example of their attention to detail and design) 

The Tasting Kitchen
1633 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291
tel. 310.392.6644
open 7 days a week

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

3 Comments

  1. I was just in Venice and Abbot Kinney last week end! Next time you're in Venice you should give Salt & Straw a try, they do the best ice cream ever!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Tamara!

      Venice is one of my favorite places in L.A. I could spend all day there without getting bored once.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the recommendation Tamara!

      Venice is one of my favorite places in L.A. I could spend all day there without getting bored once.

      Delete