Watermelon Vodka Cocktails (But it Actually Tastes Good)

Watermelon just screams summer to me. When I think of the warm sunny days of summer I think of BBQs, beach and pool days, tan lines, and wat...

Watermelon just screams summer to me. When I think of the warm sunny days of summer I think of BBQs, beach and pool days, tan lines, and watermelon. SKYY® Vodka – a vodka born in San Francisco – celebrates my favorite all-American classic fruit with the release of SKYY Infusions® Sun-Ripened Watermelon. A refreshing, watermelon-infused vodka made with real fruit, SKYY’s latest sweet addition encapsulates the complex yet classic flavor of watermelon. So with the end of summer approaching I am sharing my two favorite SKYY Infusions Watermelon Vodka Cocktail recipes to celebrate the end of our sunny, long days.

And before you go all, "Hello? What's that Elisabeth? My early 20s called and wants its flavored vodka back???" I admit that, usually, when I think of flavored vodka I want to gag too. BUUUUT HANG ON WITH ME!!! This stuff actually doesn't taste like a girly jolly rancher. Since this is real-fruit infused vodka the flavors are elevated and bright (LIKE ME!) Ahem. So take a look at these recipes and thank me later. YOU INGRATES


WATERMELON SLUSHEE

Ingredients: (Makes two cocktails)
- 2 oz SKYY Infusions Watermelon
- ½ oz Coconut Water
- 2 oz Appleton Estate Rum
- ½ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Fresh Lime Juice
- Watermelon Slice (for garnish)

Blend ingredients with ice. Top with watermelon garnish. Enjoy immediately.

WATERMELON GIMLET 

Ingredients: (Makes two cocktails)
- 4 oz SKYY Infusions Watermelon
- 1 oz Fresh Lime 
- 1 oz Simple Syrup 
- Fresh Basil Leaves (for garnish)

Add ingredients in a shaker and muddle basil leaves (gently!). Add ice, shake, and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with basil leaf. 

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments