Roasted Honey Rosemary Almonds

In my attempt to eat healthier and get back to my best self I have been seeking out new snacking options. Something that is easy and pr...


In my attempt to eat healthier and get back to my best self I have been seeking out new snacking options. Something that is easy and prepared ahead of time works best for me with my work schedule. I find I also need a combination of carbs and protein to tie me over between meals in order to avoid getting hangry. Enter: Roasted Honey Rosemary Almonds. They're simple to make, easy to store, and a perfect combination of energy, protein, and flavor. I can even store them in tuppaware on my desk so I don't have to worry about starving while stuck on a conference call. 


RECIPE
  • 2 cups almonds, raw 
  • 2 tbsp fresh* rosemary, chopped 
  • 2-3 tbsp honey (depending on sweetness preference) 
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil 
  • 1-2 tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt (rock salt)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Use parchment paper to line your baking sheet 
  2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in large bowl & mix to coat almonds evenly. Spread an even layer on your baking sheet. Sprinkle rock salt.  
  3. Bake 15-20 minutes (stirring once halfway through) until almonds are toasted & golden. (They should be aromatic). Let cool & enjoy! Store in airtight container (they can last a while, unless you devour them as quickly as I do!)  
TIPS/ADJUSTMENTS 
  • *If you can't use fresh rosemary then use dry rosemary. Just make sure you really crush up your herbs or they can be a bit much in one bite-and sometimes even a little "pokey" to your delicate mouth (OUCH!).
  • If using coconut oil, warm it up to liquid form first before mixing it in with the other ingredients 
  • You can use table salt too if you don't have anything else around the house. I just prefer using rock salt because I find I tend to use less salt and it packs a yummy powerful punch when you get the occasional piece in a bite. 
Let me know what you think of the recipe if you try it out. I'd especially love to hear if you tried any adjustments or your own variations and how it turned out. Happy baking!


You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

8 Comments

  1. This recipe looks really yummy. I'm going to try it this weekend. My husband loves honey roasted peanuts, and I wonder if he'll like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I think it would also be good with walnuts, cashews, or pecans if he's not a fan of almonds. I don't know about peanuts and rosemary. Let me know if you use another nut though and how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. Excellent ingredients combination :) And more importantly, they are all natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I have a lot of allergies so I love to make my own, natural foods so I can avoid reactions. I was really excited to do this recipe because I was able to use my dad's honey (he's been a beekeeper almost my whole life) and my own rosemary from my herb garden.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE almonds! I need to try this recipe, it's perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Hope you enjoy. If you have any pictures of your results send them my way, I'd love to see!

      Delete
  4. I would have never thought to include rosemary but they sound good. I love honey roasted almonds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may be the perfect recipe for you then if you already like the honey roasted almonds. The rosemary really sets a great flavor juxtaposition to the honey and creates a delicious flavor profile.

      Delete