Destination: Oregon

My next trip destination is Oregon, one of the coastal states making up the Pacific Northwest (PNW). This state is often immediate...


My next trip destination is Oregon, one of the coastal states making up the Pacific Northwest (PNW).


This state is often immediately associated with its quirky city Portland (the city that inspired the show, "Portlandia"). Portland's slogan is, "Keep Portland Weird," and is famed for its bearded hipsters wearing plaid drinking at micro breweries / coffee shops while debating the best place to pick up farm-to-table food on their bikes



However, the rest of this state's attractions should not be ignored. The myriad landscape-from beaches, deserts, rainforests, mountains, evergreen forests, to fertile farming valleys - I am told is extraordinarily beautiful.



I'll start off the trip in Portland before taking a road trip to Central / Eastern Oregon to visit part of my boyfriend's extended family.

Current Wish List of Things to Do in Oregon: 

Portland:

Oregon:

Since we'll be staying a week I hope it will be enough time to get a sense of OR's largest city before seeing more of the countryside and getting away from more of the crowded tourist attractions. I am hoping to getting a better sense of where my boyfriend grew up and spend time in nature (and a few boutiques!).


Do you have any recommendations for me? 

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments