Outfit of the Day: Natural Bridges Beach

I love living in California and having instant access to the most gorgeous coast in the United States. I'll often pack a light picnic a...


I love living in California and having instant access to the most gorgeous coast in the United States. I'll often pack a light picnic and book and make a relaxing day of it.
In order to keep the focus on the beach I like to keep things simple for what I pack and wear. My outfit of the day is an example of one of my typical beach outfits on a sunny day. Hat, lightweight shirt, jeans, and sandals (plus braids to keep my hair from blowing into my face while I read).
When I recently went to Natural Bridges Beach in Santa Cruz I brought two books to read for the day. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Facebook's COO, Sheryl Sandberg (an excellent book for women trying to learn how to "sit at the table" and assert their value) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (just for fun).

#OOTD: Natural Bridges Beach
#OOTD: Natural Bridges Beach by theabstractlife 
            

Shirt: (Sold Out); Similar Option: Lou & Grey Drop Shoulder Petalsoft Tee ($39.50)
Jeans: Fay Ladies (Sold Out); Similar Option: Levi's Denizen ($28)
Sandals: Loft Leather Sandals (Sold Out); Similar Option: Melissa Women's Beach Slide Sandals ($51)
ScarfDestin Quadra Ombre Scarf ($190); Cheaper Option: World Market's Blue Ombre Scarf With Fringe ($20)
Hat: Lucky Brand Travel Fedora (Sold Out); Similar Option: Target ($13) 
Sunglasses: Women's Linda Farrow 51Mm Round Sunglasses ($1,215)
Towel / Blanket: The Beach People Geometric Print Round Beach Towel ($110)

What to Pack for the Beach: 

  • Book(s)
  • Blanket or Large Towel
  • Sunglasses / Hat
  • Sunscreen
  • Picnic Basket: 
    • Crackers
    • Grapes
    • Cheese
    • Prosciutto
    • Cut up veggies
    • Napkins 
    • Water and / or bottle of wine or cider

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments