Thanksgiving Menu & Recipe

I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year! The food and company is going to be incredible and I could really use the mini holiday. To ...


I am so excited for Thanksgiving this year! The food and company is going to be incredible and I could really use the mini holiday. To make things easier this year, everyone is in charge of bringing a part of the Thanksgiving menu-potluck style. My boyfriend, Mr. Darcy, is in charge of the bird and I am delightfully bringing most of the desserts. I asked for desserts because not only do I have allergies (to dairy and wheat) that make it hard to eat most desserts, but because I love to be creative with them and look like a baking goddess...I have no shame! 

Check out our menu and steal this gluten free / dairy free chocolate cheesecake dessert that is so easy... it's technically cheating. Shh! Don't tell! 

Cheesecake with Raspberries:

What You'll Need 
  • 1 Daiya Chocolate Cheezecake OR their New York Cheezecake (Your Choice! I found mine in the freezer aisle at Whole Foods). 
  • 1 container of Sunshine Raspberries, washed and dried. (I like Sunshine for Thanksgiving due to their golden-orange color and tartness, but you can substitute regular raspberries too). 
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil 
  • 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 bar dairy free dark chocolate bar, (optional)
Instructions
  • Whisk coconut milk, sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined.  
  • Pour into saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for ten minutes, and stir consistently.  
  • While simmering, remove Daiya Cheezecake from box and place on cake stand. Top with raspberries.
  • Remove pan from heat, and add vanilla and coconut oil. Stir until well combined.  
  • Allow sauce to cool to room temperature, and pour over cheesecake and raspberries.  
  • Optional Top cheezecake and sauce with shavings from a 70% cocao chocolate bar
  • Bask in everyone's praise while you know it was nothing! Mwhahaha! Ahem. Enjoy!

What is your favorite, easy recipe? 
Do you ever potluck your Thanksgivings or do you love to do it alone? 
What's your favorite recipe / dish? 

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

8 Comments

  1. Growing up my mom did all the major dishes, turkey, dressing, mashed potato, gravy and all the daughter in laws would bring their favorite side dishes. I am still at the stage where I do it all alone which I enjoy. Looking forward to the day when some daughter in laws bring their favorite dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing your cooking skills I'm sure your Thanksgiving is INCREDIBLE! When I have had the responsibility of doing either the whole dinner or just the heavy lifting of the majority love to do a mixture of from scratch recipes and shortcuts (like this!). But I am loving the shared meal lately because it brings us all together and makes it more of a family event while being less stressful. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, this looks so good. Also Daiya makes cheesecakes?!! Are they amazing? I haven't had a non-dairy one I liked yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the chocolate! It's definitely is best with sauce or berries. You can help me try the original! :)

      Delete
  3. I CANNOT WAIT to have all the turkey in my face! ALL OF IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the mashed potatoes and rolls. Mom's doing turkey, dressing/stuffing, nasty green bean casserole...and I don't remember what else. I need to check who's on pie duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't neglect the pie! Dessert is life!!!

      Delete