Minimal Style - Army Green & Black

Minimal Style - Army Green & Black by theabstractlife featuring black leather booties This year I have really been inspired...

Minimal Style - Army Green & Black


This year I have really been inspired by the KonMari method (post to come soon on that) and embracing minimalism. I have been purging my closet over the last year and getting rid of things that I didn’t love or work for me. I honestly got rid of over 70% of the things in my closet, which is crazy, because if you looked at my closet you wouldn't know it (I love shopping and clothes). I started downsizing when I moved across the country to California. At the time, I hadn't even heard of the Marie Kondo. Now that I've read her book and moved into an apartment with a real, walk in closet I’m cleaning out my wardrobe again and adding a few new key pieces to my fall/winter lookbook. It feels amazing to walk into my beautiful closet and only see things I love and enjoy. It's so much easier to get ready now too!
A few of the pieces I've kept/invested in/love are here. I wanted a pair of boots that I can dress up or down and wear the hell out of. These ACNE booties are probably one of my favorite closet staples. I'm still on the lookout for a great pair of brown/tan leather or suede ankle boots that fit the same need. I have been on a leather skirt kick and have been obsessed with working them into over half my fall/winter capsule wardrobe looks. I love how I can wear them casually with a sweatshirt and keds or dress them out for the office with a blouse and heels. My favorite one has pockets (what girl doesn't LOVE pocket?!?).
Minimalist Capsule Wardrobe Challenge accepted and I am loving it! Does anyone else want to join the the capsule wardrobe or minimalist style challenge this year? Tell me about it in the comments below. 

1. ACNE Boots 2. Warehouse Faux Leather Pocket Skirt 3. Verneuil Sweater (Similar One Here - Loft)  4. Newlook Box Clutch  5. Ludevinei "Triple Aligned" Gold Ring (Similar One Here-Forever 21) 6. NOVICA Wooden Cuff  

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments