Living Intentionally & Learning to Relax

  At work we're required to put both professional and personal goals in our development plans for the year. One of of mine this ye...



 

At work we're required to put both professional and personal goals in our development plans for the year. One of of mine this year is to be intentional in my life- professionally and personally. Since I work from home I tend to have issues with creating boundaries for myself between work life and home life. There is never enough time to do everything and so I make the time by staying up super late working or creating or cleaning etc. But lately I've been working on being intentional with my time. Instead of just fooling around on my computer or Netflix for free time I've been giving myself moments, hours, or even a whole day dedicated to shutting down and recuperating. I sleep in, indulge in an amazing breakfast, make a glorious cup of coffee (best coffee I've ever had is Intelligentsia), and then do something that doesn't require me to be plugged in or feel pressured in any way. No computer, no thinking about work, no hanging out with people that, while important, maybe stress or wear me out a bit. Just downtime for me, myself, and I. I embrace the idea of giving myself grace to just relax and not feel today's needs to always be productive. I feel everyone should take at least one day a week to completely relax. Taking time for ourselves is important.

    

This fall I subscribed to OwlCrate, a subscription service that sends you magical monthly boxes tailored to a chosen theme. Each OwlCrate contains a new YA novel and 3-5 other bookish treats to help you get your nerd on. The unboxings have been both fun and beneficial for my "living intentionally and relaxing" goals. I get to let the kid in me get excited about it every month and look forward to the surprise. I am loving having a new novel as a goal to read each month. It makes me unplug and unwind in the best of ways. Which, in turn, recharges me and helps me be more creative and better at my job over all. So I can take those moments to sit down with my coffee in my Wonder Woman mug a read an amazing novel with my Wonder Woman glasses and Tardis socks and travel to another world. How do you like to relax and unwind?

In This Post:

  
 

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments