The Lazy Girl's (OR Last Minute) Guide to DIY Halloween Costumes

I am so busy this year that Halloween is having to take a lower priority than I usually would give it. I go ALL out for Halloween and alwa...



I am so busy this year that Halloween is having to take a lower priority than I usually would give it. I go ALL out for Halloween and always have an annual Halloween party, make several costumes to wear to parties and work, and go crazy with pumpkin carvings and pumpkin patches (last year I bought 12 pumpkins from our local patch. I may have a problem). However, this last month I've barely had time to sleep, let alone do all that. I bought some mini pumpkins from Trader Joe's while doing the only grocery shopping I've managed all month and haven't even had time even think about sewing a costume. So this year I'm making my own "Lazy Girl's / Super Busy Girl's / Last Minute Guide to DIY Halloween Costumes. Because, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Wednesday Addams by theabstractlife 
See how I put this DIY costume together in real life here: DIY Halloween Costume: Wednesday Addams
Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Frida Kahlo by theabstractlife 

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Anna Wintour by theabstractlife

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Burglar by theabstractlife 

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Rosie the Riveter by theabstractlife 

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Snow White by theabstractlife

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Morton Salt Girl by theabstractlife

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Breakfast at Tiffany's Holly Golightly by theabstractlife

Lazy Girl's DIY Costume Guide: Jessica Rabbit by theabstractlife 
Most of these are all things you could put together from your closet or get from Amazon or by making a quick run to H&M, Target, or a Thrift Store if you are ambitious. You don't have to fight the crowds of last minute shoppers at Halloween Costumes Hell to find the picked over sad costumes no one else wanted to wear. It's the perfect solution to flex your creative muscles while not having to take up time you don't have in your busy schedule right now. OR, if you are lazy (AND who isn't every now and again???), it doesn't have to take away from your time watching Halloween Wars and waiting for your delivery to arrive. Hope it helps you!

PS: This post was originally going to have these breakdowns as well as pictures of me wearing each of my own versions of it, however, somethings just have to give sometimes. #Priorities

Do you dress up for Halloween? 
Do you wear different costumes for work and for the weekend? If so, is it because it's more appropriate or because you just want an excuse to wear more than one costume this year (like me)
Do you have any of these items in your closet that you could throw together for a last minute costume?  
What are you dressing up as for Halloween?  
What last minute costumes have you worn before? (I've done Wednesday Addams, Morton Salt Girl, Rosie the Riveter, & Holly Golightly)

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

4 Comments

  1. These aren't lazy girl these are pure genius for Halloween

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks so much! That is so nice of you to say. Hope they can help you!

      Delete
  2. When I saw Wednesday Adams, I thought you'd go in the homicidal maniac direction like she did. I mean, hey, they look like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I tried to have a wide spread of variety for all audiences so anyone could find something they'd like. :)

      Delete