Transitioning Colorful Summer Outfits to Fall

Your vibrant clothes don't just have to live in your summer wardrobe! With California's up and down hot and cold weather and the ti...


Your vibrant clothes don't just have to live in your summer wardrobe! With California's up and down hot and cold weather and the tiny living spaces our clothes have to work that much harder to justify that space they take up. Here are a few tips and tricks for transitioning colorful summer clothes to fall.

Summer Piece(s): Colorful Skirt 


A summery, light skirt doesn't have to be put away after Labor Day. Layer a body suit with a vest or neutral jacket to accommodate the slowly dropping temperatures. 

Transition Piece(s): Body Suit + Vest or Coat: 


Summer Piece(s): Vibrant Swing Dress


This dress has served me well through the summer! I love how swingy and saturated the skirt is. These are the elements I want to be sure to transition into my fall wardrobe. By adding a pull over sweater that either has contrasting color (like navy + orange) or elements of color from the dress (like the orange petals here) then I can make this look thoughtful and ready for fall.

Transition Piece(s): Pull Over Sweater


Summer Piece(s): Saturated Light Tops + Floral Pants (or Jumpsuit)


I love how I've been seeing more florals in fall wardrobes. Why not? Don't regulate your florals to spring / summer! I would pair these pants with a vest as I transitioned the look to fall. Once it finally starts to get chilly you can layer a knit or swing sweater in a coordinating deep or saturated hue. This top can season through with the vest, and when the cooler weather prohibits bare arms layer a thin knit turtleneck underneath so you can still see the asymmetrical structure. 


Transition Piece(s): Vest / Jacket or Sweater


What do you think? Do you have pieces you can try to transition through to fall? Tag me in your pics so I can see how you styled yours! 

Shop the Look: 

Summer Pieces





Transition Pieces



You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments