Oyster Tasting at Forthright Oyster Bar & Kitchen

I love seafood-especially oysters in the half shell. While I love going up to San Francisco to legendary places such as Waterbar and the lik...

I love seafood-especially oysters in the half shell. While I love going up to San Francisco to legendary places such as Waterbar and the like-it can be a bit of a trek when the craving suddenly hits you. Thankfully, a fantastic oyster bar-Forthright Oyster Bar & Kitchen-just opened up in Campbell, CA and I had to check it out.

Set in the center of a shopping plaza you wouldn't think this was the stage for a modern, artisanal restaurant that reminds one of Brooklyn. However, Forthright Oyster Bar & Kitchen is full of urban character-rather than suburban hum-drum. They label themselves a "neighborhood urban eatery focused on sustainable seafood dishes." (Read: Hipster, if you like hipster. Or refined and unique if you don't like hipster). ;P
Tip: Forthright is very popular for only being open just 2 months-so I recommend you make reservations through Open Table ahead of time if you can. 



Great food, drinks, service, and atmosphere! I can't wait to bring someone back with me who also loves hipster *ahem* I mean "modern and refined" seafood restaurants. 

Forthright Oyster Bar & Kitchen
1700 W Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 628-0683


You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

2 Comments

  1. Wow.....Oysters look delicious. I have never tried it but now feels like this is a must try dish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty great! I remember I was really skeptical when I first tried raw oysters (long time ago) but once I tried them I was HOOKED!
      If you're going to try them for the first time, be sure to get them fresh along the coast somewhere or go to a place that specializes in oysters/raw seafood and ask for their recommendations. I'd hate for your initial experience to be marred by older ones that were frozen or just don't taste as fresh and sweet.
      Good luck!

      Delete