Hippity Hoppity, Easter [Style] Is On It's Way

It's here, It's HERE, IT'S HERE!!! Happy SPRING! Life has been so unbelievably busy lately with my day job that I haven&...



It's here, It's HERE, IT'S HERE!!! Happy SPRING!

Life has been so unbelievably busy lately with my day job that I haven't had "time for myself"(like writing blog posts) let alone time to plan a bunch of amazing, stylish outfits. If you're like me, layering + "effortlessly cool" doesn't always equate...well, effortless. 

My solution? DRESSES! The one-piece outfit that takes no thought and you literally just slip it on, zip, and go (and sometimes you don't even have to zip!!!). It's like a secret style weapon. 

Bonus: People associate wearing dresses with being dressed up so they automatically compliment you and think you went all out. In you reality it was your fastest morning routine yet. 

I'm always searching for great dresses that create a great silhouette, are lower maintenance (doesn't take an hour to iron), comfortable, and most importantly: make me smile. If you are wearing something that brings you joy every time you see it you're going to glow.

For spring I'm looking for lighter fabrics, movement in material, and nature influenced colors in prints or solids (florals, water, birds, fruit, etc). I also like pieces that tell a story. If I see a dress that I can just visualize wearing to a spring tea or picnic, I feel inspired. I know I will cary that inspiration into my life and wardrobe each time I see that dress.

Here are some of my favorite finds for spring, including my Easter look. ("Easter Egg": Go to the end of this post to see a video of me twirling!)

Top Favorite Dress Finds:

1) Go all out with your Easter style with all texture, prints, and spring color palette. This pink jacquard full skirted dress is the epitome of girly. It dress reminds me of something Kate Middleton might wear for Easter. The cut is very flattering, especially if you have fuller hips (like me).

Claribel Dress by Maeve for Anthropologie

2) This is the perfect spring ensemble-mixed, bright prints and cheerful colors. It's just says "go carry around brightly colored balloons at a party to me." It's like it's celebrating spring in a casual but fun way

Drawstring Midi Dress by Anthropologie

3) You can't beat classic, crisp black and white stripes. Here the bell-sleeves update the classic look with a modern yet feminine touch. Add a bright colored chunky necklace or a scarf and sandals to complete this look.

Ruffle Bell-Sleeve Striped Shift Dress by J. Crew

4) Mexican wedding style dresses are just so soft, floral and light. They have a lot of air and movement that makes it feel very spring worthy. Get in touch with your inner boho and wear with a flower crown and lace up sandals or tighten up the look with a cropped blazer and espadrilles. 

Embroidered Floral Maxi Dress by boohoo on asos 
5) You can turn this spring halter dress into a spring date night look with heels, chunky bracelet, and a cardigan. Or dress it down and make it work for the weekend with white Ked sneakers and a straw fedora hat. 

Poppy Print Halter Dress by Isani for Target

6) This is the very dress that makes me imagine having a beach picnic with a wide floppy hat and then it takes me into the night at a beach bonfire with a loose, white pullover.

Sief Silk Dress by Joie
7) White, pastels, or bright colors...you can't go wrong with lace for spring. This is ready for the office on its own. Spice things up with contrasting pastel heels for a party or wrap a linen scarf around your neck with flats for a day look.

Plume Lace Dress by Loft



You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments