Floral Maxi in the Garden

G ardening runs through my veins. My family comes from a long line of professional farmers, landscapers, gardeners, and general l...





G
ardening runs through my veins. My family comes from a long line of professional farmers, landscapers, gardeners, and general lovers of flora. I adore the smell of fresh earth and the sweet nectar of flowers surrounding me. While there are many beautiful gardens in the Bay Area to visit, a personal favorite of mine is at the Filoli Estate. During my last visit there was a jazz concert, fragrant flowers, and the promise of delicious lavender lattes.    


The grouped pink and blue flowers are hydrangeas. They change colors depending on the pH levels of the soil. My personal favorite color is the blue, but the deep pink is such a rich hue that I have to appreciate them (plus, I couldn't pass up the coordinating dress pictures!). 


I bought this floral maxi dress years ago from Anthropologie-wearing it to many events, weddings, and even the occasional Easter Sunday. However, I never had the chance to shoot it and share it here on The Abstract Life. This spring I've been wearing it for more casual outings and love getting to enjoy it more. It's light enough to wear in the warmer weather and I can always throw a sweater or jean jacket over it when the nights grow chillier and I want to make it more "every day." 


Though my dress sold out years ago, here are a few alternative options I've selected. 


You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments