St. Orres Inn - Near The Sea Ranch, California

My first trip this year was a road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway. It was one of the most visually stunning and awe-inspiring trips ...


My first trip this year was a road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway. It was one of the most visually stunning and awe-inspiring trips I have ever taken. While driving up the coast I stayed at the charming and picturesque St. Orres Inn, in Gualala, CA near The Sea Ranch, CA. I was in love with the quaint inn's Russian architecture and history and would happily go back for the perfect romantic weekend getaway. 


St. Orres serves a delightful complimentary breakfast that shows the thought and care the inn prides itself on. The restaurant is also a big attraction for both guests and locals for dinner. Even in the off season dinner was booked for its renowned and award winning, "North Coast Cuisine."


"When people ask me what North Coast Cuisine is, I tell them it’s a style of cooking that uses ingredients native to the area, food created from elements that occur (or should occur) naturally in the landscape and the sea outside my windows. " 
— Rosemary Campiformio, Co-Owner & Executive Chef 


St. Orres has a rich history dating all the way back to the early Russian settlers in 1830's. Its current architecture looks like a dacha and between the stained glass, domes, and spiral staircases it feels like you stepped into a country fairytale. The full story of the inn can be found here


After breakfast I explored the inn and made friends with the owners' sweet dogs before walking across the street to the secluded pet friendly beach. It was covered in an array of blue and gray rocks and driftwood-exactly what you'd expect and hope to see at a pacific northwest beach. 


Everywhere I looked there was something so charming and unique I had to stop and take a picture (it was so hard to narrow it down to these) and just take it all in. The innkeepers made everything feel so welcoming and gave us a oceanfront room with stained glass, French doors that open onto a balcony. Since we stayed in the hotel-rather than a private cottage-we would have shared the three bathrooms with the other hotel guests (luckily we had the whole place to ourselves). If you'd rather have your privacy the cottages around the property are ideal for you. Bonus: You can also take advantage of the spa, sauna, hot tub, and sun deck.  


I felt so relaxed I could have stayed forever. St. Orres was the perfect thing for a relaxing retreat away from all the hustle and bustle of my daily life. The staff were so accommodating and considerate and made me feel like I was at a private resort. I honestly can't wait to return with my boyfriend for a romantic weekend away.  

St. Orres
(707) 884-3303
36601 CA-1, Gualala, CA 95445

You Know You Want to Keep Reading...

0 Comments